Ehsaas emergency cash program is considered one of the best four social welfare programs in the world. Even the world bank has declared this program as World’s fastest cash aid program. This program was designed by the government of Pakistan to support poor and deserving families by providing them PKR 25000 so they can bring their lives back on track.
The government aims to facilitate around 1 crore 2 lakh families from a total funding of 144 billion. Who is eligible for this emergency cash program and how you can apply to get instant cash aid, let’s have a quick look!
Ehsaas emergency cash program
Key factors you need to know
- People from all four provinces can apply for this ehsaas emergency cash program. Also, the program is applicable in Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu Kashmir.
- Provincial and federal government employees can’t apply for this cash aid program
- There are no NFC criteria to determine the amount of cash aid. Instead, the cash amount is fixed for every district according to the population
- A provincial budget is set for every province so all the provinces will provide cash aid according to their respective budgets.
- For Sindh, the total budget for the emergency cash program is 2.5 lac whereas for Punjab, it’s 7 Lac.
The eligibility criteria that a person must meet to be eligible for the emergency cash program are as follows;
- Applicant must be a Pakistani citizen
- Applicant must be 18 years old or above
- Living below the poverty line
- Must have a valid CNIC
- Unemployed or have low income
- Living in slums or homeless
- Orphan, elder, widow, or have disabilities
- Drastically harmed by a natural disasters
- Need education or healthcare support
To prove the eligibility, applicants might also be asked to demonstrate how they lose their jobs or source of income due to economic instability or pandemic.
On the other hand, people who are not eligible for this cash program are those who
- Are government employees
- Owner of a car or any vehicle
- Utility bills are more than PKR 10,000
- Spouse is a government employee
- Possess a foreign travel history
- Blocked from the corresponding app due to bad profile health
- Enrolled in another federal funding program except for ehsas programs
Since the program was launched during the days of the pandemic, people are not required to visit physical registration centers to submit their applications for cash aid. Instead, you can simply apply online for this ehsas emergency cash program 2023 for free by following the given steps;
- First of all, visit the ehsaas NADRA website and enter your computerized national identity card number
- Verify your identity card which will lead you to a new web form where you’d need to enter your information including your CNIC, complete name, occupation/work, district, active mobile number, and Tehsil
- By doing so, your CNIC will be registered in the NSER (national socio-economic Registry) database.
After this, you’d need to wait for a few days during which your application will be reviewed by NADRA. If you are eligible, you’ll be notified via SMS about your grant. The sms will also brief you about how you can withdraw the amount.
On the other hand, if you don’t have access to the internet, you can apply via the 8171 SMS service. For this purpose, you just need to send an sms containing your CNIC number to 8171. After a couple of days, you’ll be notified about your application status via SMS.
If you are notified that you are eligible, you’d need to visit the nearest registration center for biometric verification after which, your grant will be transferred into your account. However, if you are facing some sort of problem while applying for an emergency cash program, you can register your complaint or ask your question from the toll-free helpline 0800-26477.
Remember that the information you provide during the verification or registration process must be 100% accurate otherwise your application might get rejected. In some other instances, you may have to face issues or unexpected delays in receiving your emergency cash aid.
One thing which is important to mention here is that the government of Pakistan has designated a special sms code; 8171, to connect with beneficiaries. So if you receive any message from any other code, consider it fake and don’t trust it.
On being selected for the cash aid, you can collect it from one of the following points
- Bank Alfalah
- HBL Konnect
- Easy Paisa
- E-Sahulat centers of NADRA
- Designated centers mentioned in the SMS
- Jazz Cash
Types of beneficiaries under the ehsas emergency Cash Program
Beneficiaries for this emergency cash program are divided into two main categories; people from the first category are those 45 lac users who are already registered under the ehsaas kafalat program. Those people will get a total of PKR 3000 for the next four months.
On the other hand, the second category comprises 75 lac people who are newly registered under this emergency cash program. These people will be able to get a grant of PKR 12000 altogether.
How are beneficiaries identified?
Beneficiaries are identified on the basis of their involvement in social & national surveys. A team will conduct a door-to-door survey to collect the data which is then further verified by NADRA. This in turn will ensure that only the deserving people are selected and benefited from the program.
According to the data, people can be classified under three categories such as follows;
- People who are already registered via the ehsas kafalat program
- People who are already registered in the national socio-economic Registry (NSER)
- People who are yet to be reviewed
Even though the budget for the emergency cash program is fixed, states can select more people to help and support but their name must be enlisted in the record. Similarly, all the payments will be cleared after the biometric verification of beneficiaries which will be conducted by the partnership of banks and NADRA.