Unemployment has been one of the major issues in Pakistan. In such a country where even highly experienced professionals are having a tough time securing appealing job positions, it’s nearly impossible for young graduates to kick-start their careers in practical life.
Whenever a fresh graduate goes out in the market to find a suitable job, he has to face several barriers among which the biggest one is lack of experience. Sadly, the concept of practical education is alien to Pakistani universities due to which, students couldn’t learn any practical skills during their university phase. As a result of this, millions of young graduates pass out from universities, with nothing fancy to attract recruiters other than a piece of paper – their degrees.
If you are also one of those fresh graduates, we have good news for you. On the instructions of the Prime minister of Pakistan, Mr. Shehbaz Sharif, an internship program has been launched by the Ministry of Planning, development, and special initiatives. The objective behind this program is not only to empower young graduates economically but also to enable them to gain practical experience & remarkable skills in the real market.
Not only this but the selected candidates will also get a monthly stipend of around 25,000-30,000. This BNIP – Ba-Ikhtiyar Naujawan Internship Program 2023 aims to reward around 60,000 paid internships to fresh graduates across Pakistan.
What other perks you may unlock with this internship program, who is an eligible candidate, and how you can apply for a paid internship supported by the government of Pakistan, to know the answers to these and many other questions, keep reading the article!
You can also apply for Ehsaas Program to get monthly stipend for your family.
BNIP – Ba-Ikhtiyar Naujawan Internship Program 2023
|Program name||BNIP – Ba-Ikhtiyar Naujawan Internship Program 2023|
|Total internships offered||60,000|
|Monthly stipend||25,000-40,000 PKR|
|Duration||6 months to 1 year|
|Last date to apply||5th July 2023|
To meet the eligibility criteria for BNIP 2023, an applicant must have to possess the following characteristics;
- Nationality and age: Applicants must be Pakistani nationals and 18 to 25 years old. To prove his Pakistani citizenship, the applicant would need to show his/her valid CNIC. There’s no gender restriction since both males and females can equally apply for this internship program.
- Education: The applicant should be a diploma holder or have completed the basic 16-year education from a government-recognized institution. Also, the candidate should have completed his degree or diploma within the past two years. All the graduates who passed their final exam in or before 2020 are not eligible for this internship.
- Employment status: Since the program is launched to facilitate fresh graduates, it’s only open to those who are unemployed currently (at the time of application).
- Domicile: As stated before, the program is aimed to provide internship opportunities to graduates from all across Pakistan, the domicile district of the province doesn’t matter. The only criterion is that the applicant should have a valid Pakistani residence.
Documents required for BNIP Program
Documents that you need to submit while applying for this BNIP – Ba-Ikhtiyar Naujawan Internship Program 2023 are as follows;
- B-Form or CNIC: Scanned copies of the original national identity card of applicants. B-Form is also accepted but CNIC is preferred.
- Father’s or guardian CNIC: Scanned copies of the applicant’s father or guardian CNIC. Keep in mind that the CNIC should not have passed its expiry date.
- Photograph: Recent photograph of the applicant.
- Educational transcripts: Scanned transcripts of all the educational degrees that the applicant has earned by now.
- Domicile: Scanned copy of the domicile certificate of the applicant to confirm his birth district and residency.
- Additional academic certificates: Scanned transcripts of diploma, experience letter, or any other relevant academic certificate (if available).
Below are the steps you’d need to follow to apply for BNIP – Ba-Ikhtiyar Naujawan Internship Program 2023. Have a look!
- Visit the official portal by clicking the link https://bnip.gov.pk/
- As soon as you click on the link, you’d be directed to the official youth internship web portal. There, you could easily find the register button. On hitting the button, you’ll be navigated toward a form that you’d have to fill in with authentic information.
- After filling out the form with correct information and providing details that were asked about, the next step is to upload the transcripts of the required documents. This will include CNIC, educational transcripts, certificate, domicile, father’s CNIC, and recent photographs.
- You may choose to apply either in BSIP or WSIP programs or both. However, your application for the other internship program will be automatically turned down if you get selected for one.
- You are also asked to choose your desired field (field of interest) in which you want to gain experience during your internship period. These fields include IT, marketing, agriculture, tourism, engineering, and many more.
- In the end, go through the application preview and after verifying all the information, press the submit button. Remember that misleading information may lead to legal penalties so always double-check your documents and information before submitting it.
To select the most eligible candidates to award paid internships under BNIP Program, the only factor which is considered is merit. In simple words, candidates who possess impressive academic records will be preferred by recruiters and have more chances to secure better internship opportunities.
Thus, the selection team will shortlist candidates on a merit-based basis after screening your submitted application thoroughly. Those shortlisted candidates will then be scheduled for a written test and interview to assess their level of knowledge, interests, and compatibility with the job. In this way, the final candidates which will obtain paid internships will be selected after evaluating their academic record, and performance in interviews and written tests.
Training opportunities during the BNIP internship period
The internship period may last from 6 months to one year and come with a number of training opportunities to foster new skills and learn more practical knowledge. The very first training opportunity you’d confront in this regard will be during orientation and induction sessions in which you’ll be familiarized with your role as an internee and corresponding responsibilities.
Secondly, you’ll be trained and educated on a regular basis on your job site by your manager and professional mentors which will polish your skills and resolve your fears and hesitations as a fresher. In the meantime, you’ll develop several essential soft skills such as leadership skills, communication skills, and teamwork.
Whereas, you’ll also get a chance to learn a lot about your specific industry which in turn will equip you with tips and tricks about making your space in the field. Throughout this span of 6 months, you’ll attend plenty of workshops and seminars in which you’ll be taught the latest marketing trends and development in your area of interest.
Evaluation and surveys
Multiple evaluations and surveys will be conducted by officials to ensure that the program is achieving its desired outcome. For example, a midterm and final term evaluation will be performed to understand how this BNIP Program has impacted the lives of participants.
Besides, performance and feedback surveys will be conducted regularly to know about the reviews of participants, employees, and all the private parties involved in the program. Likewise, a monitoring team will visit the internship sites regularly to ensure that all the trainees are getting the most and top-quality work experience out of their paid internship.
Benefits you can obtain from BNIP
In this difficult time of economic uncertainty and unemployment, this BNIP – Ba-Ikhtiyar Naujawan Internship Program 2023 is like a gust of fresh air. Besides equipping you with in-field work experience and skills to kick start your career, some other perks which you can enjoy on getting selected by this BNIP Program are as follows;
- Monthly stipend: Based on the discipline, you’ll receive a monthly stipend of around 25000-40,000 PKR. This stipend will help you carry your basic expenses during your internship period so you won’t have to face any pressure financially.
- Job opportunities: Skills and development training sessions will enable you to enhance your professional expertise and gain an impressive amount of practical experience. This in turn will make you a stronger candidate in the future to secure a better job position.
- Completion certificate: At the end of your BNIP internship, you’ll be awarded a completion certificate by the Government of Pakistan. This certificate will prove a significant addition to your credentials, exhibiting your credibility and professionalism.